Virtual CROP Hunger Walk
Mark your calendars for Sunday October 11th (to walk) and Sunday October 18th (to celebrate)!
What is the CROP Hunger Walk?
- A community-led fundraising event to end hunger both locally and globally
- Global solidarity with the millions who walk miles every day in search of food and water
To keep us all safe, the walk will look different this year. Anytime on Sunday October 11th, take a walk anywhere you like, on your own or with those in your household—it’s that simple! Take lots of pictures or a video of your walk and share with the church team. On October 18th there will be a virtual Zoom celebration of the Newport News/Peninsula CROP Walk, and we will deliver our collected shoes.
How can I participate?
- Go to the CrooksMUMC team page https://www.crophungerwalk.org/newportnewsva/CrooksMUMC
- Sign up to be a walker and create a personal donation page
- Donate to sponsor a specific walker or the whole team!
- Send a donation to the church at 204 Cook Rd., Yorktown VA 23690. Make your check payable to Crooks Memorial UMC with "Crop Walk" noted in the memo.
- Donate shoes (any condition) to THRIVE Peninsula (collection box outside the sanctuary)
- Spread the word about the CROP Walk; tell your friends, family and coworkers! Share on social media.
For more information contact the church office.